Greater seating capacity for denser routes.
When it comes to our schools, every efficiency counts. That's why we've built so many into our updated Saf-T-Liner® EFX. Seating for up to 90 passengers and a wider loading aisle make this bus ready for whatever the school year brings. The cockpit is designed for driver comfort and safety with ample legroom and optimized access to controls. Plus, our engine cover allows for quick, easy and tool-free access to the engine, fluids and belts, keeping routine maintenance time to a minimum. The Saf-T-Liner® EFX is a front-engine, transit-style bus that is versatile and an excellent value. At Thomas Built we listen to our drivers, mechanics and customers to help us develop the best buses on the road. And with one of the most extensive dealer networks in the industry, there's always support nearby when you need it.
- Passenger capacity
Up to 90
136", 155", 174", 193", 212", 231"
Up to 36,200 lbs.
Cummins® ISB 200-260 HP
- Redesigned driver cockpit with ergonomic switch placement and spacious seating area
- 45-degree wheel cut
- Electronic heater control module
- Passenger loading functions grouped together
- High capacity air cleaner
- 78" headroom
- Low-profile engine cover with 12.5% aisle width improvement
- Heavily insulated engine cover
- Extra storage for personal items or emergency equipment
- Access door for CDL belt check
- Convenient fluid check hatch
- Industry-first engine access hood requires no tools to remove
- Streamlined electrical center for easy identification and access
- Fuse relay centers provide circuit protection and easy diagnostics
- Exterior electrical access door
- Front access to wipers, heater core and filter
- Lights equipped with plug-in connectors
- Display of fault codes in dash
- Customer accessory module for aftermarket component hookup
- Interactive dash information center with fuel mileage, tachometer reading, etc.
- Chassis electrical easily accessible in separate compartment
- Wheelchair lift
- Tilt and telescoping steering wheel
- Heated driver's seat
- Air suspension driver's seat
- Rear air ride suspension
- AM/FM radio/CD/PA
- Dual radio capability
- Remote and heated mirrors
- Reading lights*
- Various seat options available with bench seat without belts, with lap belts, with 3-pt belts; integrated child seat; or coach-style seating
- Child reminder system
- LED light packages
- Acoustical ceiling
- Overhead storage
- Underbody storage compartment
- Tinted windows
- Staggered passenger seating
- Crossing arms
- White roof
*Some options only available through dealerships.
Decade after decade, Thomas Built Buses has followed one simple philosophy: design and built the kind of bus that we'd want our own children to ride in. It's a simple idea and it works. Passenger safety is our number one priority and every bus we manufacture meets or exceeds all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for school buses.
- Meets or exceeds FMVSS
- Roof bows extend to bottom of side panels
- 12-gauge steel rear corner posts
- Double-bolted body mounting clips
- Fuel tank mounted between frame rails
- Maximum visibility windshield of 3,812 square inches