Loaded with features.
The Minotour® may be the smallest bus we make, but don't be fooled by its size. Into this highly compact and maneuverable vehicle, we've packed all the safety features and rugged engineering of our bigger buses. And, unlike most passenger vans, the Minotour meets and exceeds all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for school buses. The Minotour is loaded with features.
- Passenger capacity
Up to 30
Ford® Chassis: 138" or 158"
GM® Chassis: 139" or 159"
SRW 10,100 lbs., DRW 10,050 – 14,500 lbs.
GM gas 4.8L V8, 6.0L V8
GM diesel 6.6L V8
Ford gas 5.4L V8, 6.8L V10
- Propane option
GM 6.0L LPG 332 bhp with liquid propane injection system
- CNG option
GM 6.0L Vortec powered by IMPCO Automotive
Steel Construction with Aluminium Skin*
- 73" interior headroom
- Interior dome lights
- Driver-friendly ergonomic instrument panel
- 6" x 16" interior rearview mirror with padded edges
- Thermal poly fiber insulation
- Driver control panel placed overhead
- Manually operated front entrance door
- 306 square-inch Saf-T-Vue window
- Electronics mounted in interior service compartment with light
- Main circuit breaker located inside entrance door as master power to body
- Access to lights from inside the bus
- Wheelchair lift with 44" wide door
- Remote control/heated mirrors
- Driver's step
- Electrically operated front entrance door
- Dash and rear A/C
- Various seat options available: bench seat without belts, with lap belts, with 3-point belts; latch; integrated child seat; or coach-style seating
- Roof hatch
* (14K EL = optional steel skin)
At Thomas Built Buses, passenger safety is our number one priority. Every bus we manufacture meets or exceeds all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for school buses. Designed into the Minotour are a number of innovative safety features, including:
- Meets or exceeds FMVSS/CMVSS
- Built like a full-size school bus
- Safety cage body construction with one-piece skirt-to-skirt roof bows
- Two internal roof crash rails for rollover protection
- Daytime running lights
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes
- 42" x 47" glass-paneled rear emergency door
The Minotour is so strong and durable that we parked our 18,000-pound Type D bus on its roof-without extra reinforcement. Its steel cage construction and one-piece, skirt-to-skirt steel rafter held up so well that all its windows and doors still opened easily without binding.